Thursday, September 10, 2015

A breakthrough, and a test to come!

Made a breakthrough this week in training.  With the help of the coach, I was able to significantly increase my stride length, which in turn increases my top sprint speed.  Now, I just have to practice that technique consistently, to make it ingrained.  It took a few goes to find a way for me to understand the instructions, then sense and make the necessary changes to my technique.

Good timing too, this Sunday I will be competing in a track meet.  I have entered the 100m, 200m and 400m sprints, and look forward to seeing how much progress I've made against my previous performances.

Also, the fire brigade training starts in a couple of weeks, which will be another opportunity to review my progress.  Looking forward to this summer! :) -Tony

No comments: