Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Victorian Country Athletics Championships - 1 day to go...

Tomorrow, one of the major athletics meets for the season commences - the Victorian Country Athletics Championships.  As well as being my biggest meet for this summer season, it will be one of my last for some time, due to fire brigade commitments taking precedence for all of February and the start of March.

The Countrys as they're known informally will be a totally new experience.  Until this year, I had never been to an athletics meet bigger than inter school sports, and none outside of a school setting since I was a young boy.  This year was also my first running on a synthetic track.  However, the Countrys will involve a 3 day meet with dozens of clubs involved and unfamiliar procedures.

This year, my events will be the triple jump, 100m, 200m and 400m.  I am also representing the club in my age group in the 4x100m and 4x400m relays.  I'm looking forward to competing and experiencing the event, and will endeavour to blog each day.

No comments: