Sunday, October 22, 2017

Tacking Into the Wind.This week’s track meet was conducted in cool and windy conditions. The...

Tacking Into the Wind.

This week’s track meet was conducted in cool and windy conditions. The conditions did cause a few issues with my tight hamstring, making it difficult to keep warm.

First up was the 100 metres. Got off to a slow start, but was able to take full advantage of my power into the stiff headwind to make up ground and finish with the bulk of the field.

In the long jump, I struggled to get my run up right, due to the gusty tailwind and the cool conditions. Best jump was 3.67m.

After the long jump was the 4x100m relay. I ran the final leg, into the wind. Unfortunately, a mishap during the change led to a dropped baton, which cost a lot of time. My run into the wind went well.

I decided against running the 400m, to reduce stress on my legs in the cool conditions, and finished the day throwing the javelin. My final throw was a PB, which was a good way to finish the day.

Have a few issues to work on, to get my times back to where they were late last season.


- Tony via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2zuowiO

No comments: