Sunday, November 12, 2017

2017 State Relays

I’ve been a bit slack this past week.  Had a non AV shield meet last week, and put in some reasonable performances in difficult, windy conditions.  Results were:

200m - 27.71 (-3.9 wind)

100m - 13.66 (-1.4 wind) 

Triple jump - 7.69m

Discus - 14.91m

Now on to yesterday, when the Victorian Track Relay Championships were held in Melbourne.  My day was made somewhat easier, by the fact that there would be no heats in either the 4x400 or 4x100m, which meant I could take it easy and arrive around lunchtime in plenty of time for my runs.

First up was the 4x400m.  400 metres is always a challenging distance to run for me, and there was no comparison with the metro guys, many of who can run 400m in less time than _anyone_ in my area around the same age.  I ran the first leg and got around OK, before passing the baton on in 4th position.  We ended up finishing 5th (out of 5!), in a time of 4:33.14.

My second and final event was the 4x100m.  At this distance, I’m a lot more competitive.  I ran the second leg, along the back straight.  Started with a good baton change in 4th place, and managed to have us in third when I handed the baton to our third runner with another good change.  We finished 4th in a time of 51.89.

Overall, I enjoyed the day.  Back to normal AV Shield competition next week.


- Tony via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2yUI6Ja

No comments: